Documents and Stories of Our Condit Ancestors
My Ancestors Stories
The following stories are directly from my ancestors or their immediate kin. In some cases these stories have been passed to me from other family members and sometimes they are compilations of parts from several stories.
- Sheldon Everett Condit-My Story - My Father, Sheldon Everett Condit's life story, growing up, the depression, World War II, and life as a husband.
Parker Smith Condit's Stories
Written by Parker Smith Condit, son of Silas Whitehead Condit, and shared with family and the Condit archivist.
- Sketch of Parker Smith Condit - son and first child of Silas and Julia.
- Sketch of Silas Whitehead Condit - from the battle of Nauvoo to the settlement of Little Sioux, Iowa.
- Silas Whitehead Condit's Home - Picture of Silas Whitehead Condit's home in Nauvoo, Illinois as it currently exists. Built in 1844 before the death of Joseph Smith.
- The death of Charlotte Condit - Silas' mother and Parker's grandmother and how they kept her in the back room for three weeks after she died.
- The death of Amos Condit - Silas' brother and an account of the circumstances of his death.
Gooding County (Idaho) Sketches
Sketches of my Great Grandfather, Grandfather, Great Uncle. and family of my Great Great Uncle.
- Sketch of John Henry and Francis Parks Condit - Iowa to Washington and back to Idaho
- Sketch of John Winford "Win Condit - a short bio of his life.
- Sketch of Ervin and Jennie Dennis Condit - Iowa to Idaho and the following years.
- Leonard Merry Condit's Family, Malta, Idaho Fall 1906 - Leonard's sons and daughters along with his grandchildren.
Stories and Histories of My Ancestors Where They Lived
- Early History of Little Sioux, Iowa - includes how Silas became the first postmaster, by T. B. Neely an early pioneer.
- Pioneer History of Hagerman Valley - by J. W. "Win" Condit (Copyright ©1997 David E. Condit).
- Settler's Bread - a story of life on the frontier in Washington State by Winona Porter, my first cousin once removed.
Condits and Cousins Documents and Stories
- Will of Jonathan Condit proved 1823 - Identifies eight children of Captain Jonathan Condit and distribution of his assets.
- Signatures & Seal - The signatures on John Cundict's and Peter Cundict's Wills and the Seal attached to the signatures
- First Condit Homesteads in Essex County, New Jersey - Dr. Norman I. Condit provided me with a hand drawn map of the Newark and Orange New Jersey area with the location of the first Cundict/Condit homesteads. These are located, to the best of his ability, based on the information available to the Condit Family.
Documents on the Lives of Condits and Cousins
- Doris Kingsley Condit Lantz - A Tough Old Bird - Notes, and a transcript, from conversations with Doris Kingsley Condit Lantz, who grew up near Soldier Creek, Grants Pass, Oregon, and later moved to Medford, Oregon.
Contact MeFor additional information on any individual or to share information, please contact me, David Condit, at I will try and respond as quick as possible.
Copyright ©2002-2015 by David E. Condit All Rights Reserved. Published in the United States of America. None of the essays or genealogical reports appended to this web site may be used or reproduced in any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system without written permission of the author, except for your own personal use. Any commercial use of any of the materials published at this site is a violation of United States copyright laws. For more information, email